Council on Occupational Education
OHIO STATEWIDE CANDIDATE ACADEMY September 25-26, 2012
- sponsored by the Ohio ACTE PACE Division
Location: Pickaway-Ross Career and Technology Center, Chillicothe
895 Crouse Chapel Road
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Important handout information/instructions for the meeting:
Attendees will be responsible for downloading handouts for use during the meeting. Every attendee will receive a flash drive containing all of these files, if you would like to bring a laptop, but is is recommended that you have hard copies of certain documents (as noted below) for reference:
(1) Go to the Council’s website (http://www.council.org). Click on the “News & Events” tab at the top. From the drop-down menu, select “Meeting Handouts.” This will open the page called “Meeting Handouts for Candidate Academy for Ohio Public Schools.”
(2) The first section is called “Reference Materials for the Candidate Academy.” All of our manuals can be found here; they are large files. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PRINT ANY OF THESE FOR THE SEPTEMBER 25-26 SESSION. You can print these at your leisure. You should, however, print two files for next week’s Academy: “2012 Check Sheets” (a PDF file), and “The Alternate Procedure Application Form” (a Word file). These are large files (30 pages or so). Many of the participants have already informed me that they have the 2012 Alternate Procedure application. (You will notice that there is also a Candidate Application; we don’t think any of theschools will be interested in this route, but the form is available if it is appropriate.)
(3) The second section is called “Session” and it shows the individual presentations scheduled for Tuesday, SEP 25 and Wednesday, SEP 26. Each of the three Tuesday sessions has only one PDF file to copy (these are PowerPoint handouts: 3 slides to a page, and they are pretty brief). There are 4 sessions on Wednesday - three of them have only one short PDF file, one session has a PDF and a Word file, and the Self Study Workshop has 11 files to copy (most of these are 2-3 pages, however).
(4) Bring the session file copies - in the order in which they appeared on the website - to the Candidate Academy. The 2012 Checksheets and the Alternate Procedure application will be discussed at different times, so please have them available.
Questions? Contact Alex Wittig, CoE, WittigA@council.org or (800) 917-2081, ext. 18.
1:00-2:00 COE 101: An overview of the Council and its accreditation process
2:15-4:00 Completing the Alternate Procedure Application
4:00-5:00 Hosting the Accreditation Visit
9:00-10:30 Maintaining Accreditation: Written Plans and Advisory Committees
11:00-12:00 The COE Annual Report
12:15-1:00 Lunch Break
1:00-2:30 Reporting Completion, Placement and Licensure
2:45-4:45 Self-Study Workshop for Beginners
4:45-5:00 Recommendations for Getting Started
Hotel rooms are available at a discounted rate ($92-$99) at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chillicothe. Use the group code COE when making your reservations. Discounted rooms are available until September 10th. Click here to make reservations.