Not a Member? Join
The Great Oaks Career Campuses’ Board of Directors is seeking a strategic, visionary financial leader for the position of Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer.
Great Oaks Career Campuses is a public school district offering career and technical training for both high school students and adults. With four campuses and programs in over 25 area schools, Great Oaks annually helps over 18,000 high school students to prepare for careers and college, and for thousands of adults to get training and certification to begin a new career or advance in a current career.
Great Oaks serves 36 school districts in a 2,200 square-mile area of southwest Ohio. Strong business partnerships and relationships with affiliated school districts are a hallmark of Great Oaks, as well as a positive community image and a reputation for innovation among career-technical centers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following financial leadership characteristics:
• Ability to work and collaborate with others – a team player
• Strong financial and detail-oriented reporting skills
• Ability to facilitate educational discussions/decisions through an analytical lens
• Inter-personal and effective communication skills
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, processes, and regulations pertaining to public schools
• Experience in effective process management and organizational skills
• Leadership skills for staff and various finance committees
• Experience with and understanding of operating software and procedures
• Expertise in developing, communicating, and managing business office procedures
The Treasurer/CFO is responsible for overseeing the entire financial operations of the organization, the accuracy and timeliness of all state and federal reporting, the development of the annual district operating budget and the Five-Year Forecast. The CFO is an active participant on the senior management team and will provide leadership for the district in areas including finance, strategic planning, program development, and is a resource for business and human resource functions. The applicant must possess or be eligible to obtain a valid Ohio Treasurer’s license. Successful experience as a School Treasurer or district leader with knowledge of CTE funding and EMIS is preferred. The CFO must maintain integrity and high standards of ethics in all matters.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please submit:
• A cover letter emphasizing qualifications and reasons for interest
• An up-to-date resume
• List three (3) references from associates or board members who can speak to candidate qualifications and work experience
• A copy of current Ohio Treasurer License or documentation of eligibility to obtain license
Note: Applicants should not make personal contact with any Board of Education members.
All application materials can be mailed or emailed to the following:
“Great Oaks Career Campuses’ CFO/Treasurer Search” Attn. Karla Berger, Vice President
110 Great Oaks Drive Cincinnati, OH 45241
Questions regarding the process or position should be directed to:
Karla Berger, Great Oaks Campuses: GOsearch@greatoaks.com or 513.612.3648
The Great Oaks Board of Directors will offer a multi-year contract and competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
Read more here.