The following information is for speakers who have been selected to present at the 2013 Connections To Education Conference, July 31 – August 2.
Please read the following information:
- Only the lead presenter will be contacted with important conference information, and is responsible for communicating all conference and session information with co-presenters as they will not be contacted directly by the conference committee.
- If you cannot fulfill your session presentation for any reason, you must attempt to find a substitute and notify Ohio ACTE as soon as possible regarding any changes. We will be promoting all of the sessions, and do not want to promote sessions that will not be available at the conference.
- Screens, projectors, speakers and wireless internet will be available for those who specify they need it, but you MUST bring your own laptop. No other AV equipment will be provided!
- Electronic copies of any PowerPoint presentation or other handouts for posting on the Ohio ACTE Website for conference attendees must be e-mailed to email@example.com by the end of the conference. You must bring your own copy of your conference presentation. Ohio ACTE will not have access to presentations that have been e-mailed.
- Ohio ACTE will publicize and promote each session and presenter(s) by including brief descriptions online, in the printed conference program book, and in other marketing materials based on the information submitted with the presentation session proposal and Ohio ACTE reserves the right to edit all descriptive and biographical information as needed.
- Your session date and time will be selected by the Ohio ACTE Conference Planning Committee based on providing a diverse selection of sessions during each concurrent session time. You will be notified of your exact session time in advance, but it is hoped you plan to attend the entire conference. Ohio ACTE may change the date/time of my presentation because of unforeseen scheduling changes, but you will be notified immediately of any change.
- Ohio ACTE does not provide reimbursement for travel or other expenses related to presenting. There are more than 100 presenters/educators sharing their knowledge and expertise with their peers, and their contribution to furthering career-technical and adult education is greatly appreciated.
- All session presenters and co-presenters are encouraged to register for the conference and participate in all events and activities. As a conference participant, applicable registration fees will apply. If you attend the conference only to present your session, you will not be asked to register for the entire conference.
- Presentations may not be used to promote or sell products or services before, during, or after the session. Please present only educational materials.
- In an effort to be eco-friendly, we ask you to minimize the amount of handouts at conference by providing your material to upload to our website and minimize the amount of paper in your handouts. If handouts are required during the session, you must provide them yourself. Ohio ACTE is not responsible for providing hardcopies of handouts for attendees and cannot create additional copies on site.
If you have any questions, contact Stephanie Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (614)890-2283.