2023 Ohio ACTE Annual Innovation and Impact Conference
July 24-26 - Columbus
All events will take place at the Hilton Easton Columbus
Accepted presenters: PLEASE read all of the information below and COMPLETE THIS PRESENTER AGREEMENT (required). Thank you!
- Online Schedule Tool. You will be asked to use our online tool to update your session description/upload your materials. Once you are confirmed as a speaker, you will receive an invite to Log-in or Sign Up for the Event or that you have been added to the list of speakers– Once you do, you should see You’re speaking at this event! When you first log in you will have the opportunity to update your profile. When profile is complete, click on Schedule, find and click on your session. From here look for "Manage and Promote Your Session" for additional options. Remember, you can make edits to your session description and speaker bio. ALSO, PLEASE PLAN TO UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION USING THIS TOOL. Attendees will appreciate being able to refer to your presentation.
The online schedule tool also allows you to see your presentation time when it is assigned (meeting room assignments will be posted closer to the event).
Use the tool to upload your picture, biography and details of your presentation. Attendees want to know you!
-All breakout/concurrent sessions will be scheduled on July 25 or 26 unless otherwise noted.
- All presentations are 60 minutes in length (Micro0bursts are 4 back to back 15 minute presentations), which includes the question and answer period.
- Interaction with participants is highly encouraged.
- You can request a screen and projector (no AV provided for Micro-bursts), which will be provided; presenters must bring their own laptop.
- Internet connectivity is available on a limited basis. You are encouraged to bring your own speakers for audio, if necessary.
- It is difficult to estimate the number of participants/attendees in your session, since breakout sessions are self-selected by attendees. The more detail you provide in your session description, the better your audience expectations of your presentation.
- Presenters who are career-technical educators employed by a school are asked to register and attend the entire conference.
Educator presenters who work at a school are asked to register and pay for the Conference and attend all events and sessions when not presenting. Interacting with attendees outside of session times is a big benefit for all conference attendees. Ohio ACTE does not provide reimbursement for travel or other expenses related to presenting. There are more than 100 presenters and educators sharing their knowledge and expertise with their peers, and their contribution to furthering career-technical and adult education is greatly appreciated.
Breakout sessions will be scheduled on Tuesday, July 25 and Wednesday, July 26. Session times are assigned based on providing a variety of session topics during each time period. Presenters will be notified of their day/time after Proposal Agreements have been completed. Session rooms are already assigned however Ohio ACTE may change the date or time of a presentation because of unforeseen scheduling changes, but presenters will be notified immediately of any changes, which will be within the pre-determined session schedule times.
Before the Conference:
If you are an educator at a school, click here to register for the conference.
Make sure you visit our schedule/online website and Log-in or Sign Up for the Event – Once you do, you should see You’re speaking at this event! Find your session on the schedule for options to "Manage and Promote Your Session". Remember, you can make edits to your session description and speaker bio. ALSO, PLEASE PLAN TO UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION USING THIS TOOL. Attendees will appreciate being able to refer to your presentation.
During the Conference:
Pick up your presenter information at the Ohio ACTE Innovation and Impact Conference Registration area. Note that the schedule will be available online only. If you have requested audio visual (projector and screen) it will be set up in the meeting room you have been assigned. Presenters must bring their own laptop. Technical assistance will be available onsite if needed. Please plan to arrive at your assigned room 15 minutes early to prepare your presentation and audio visual set-up.
During Your Session:
Start and end your session on time. Welcome participants and encourage participants to complete the evaluation survey for your session. Provide a Question and Answer time, but be sure and move out of the meeting room at the end of your session to continue conversations so the next presenter can set up their presentation.
In an effort to be eco-friendly, please minimize the amount of handouts at the Conference by uploading material electronically using the online conference schedule tool. If handouts are required during the session, presenters must provide them. Ohio ACTE does not provide handouts and cannot create additional copies on site. It is difficult to estimate the number of attendees that will attend your breakout session and handouts will be available electronically.
At the conclusion your presentation:
Encourage attendees to complete the survey in Sched.com for your session. Be sure you have uploaded your presentation materials for attendees to reference after the Conference.